Saturday, November 27, 2004

there's something to it

Each key stroke that provokes a twinge in my spine, contributes to the overall narrative of my labour. How this is true. Even I am not entering any numbers, which are my labour and which narrative they course, the span of my contract and the little fish-bones of the project. I feel this work that I have done and I want to practise it more. However, I have an office and also, staff and a report to submit.
Kai is constructing a public baths. It is muscle-power, long-term and I think it is a good thing. My involvement is voluntary, naturally, but in myself, my will which is my own must converse with my engagement. I am single and rational but I am also a member of a partnership that is greater than myself and of which I, as a skilled functionary, recieve a salary for something which has ambiguous potential and ambivalent applications. The future is not assured. The future, if it may be phrased in so grandiose a fashion, is at stake.
I have the bruises to prove it.


No comments: